This Article will show you how to get full email headers, this information is often needed by support specialists to help locate the source of spam
- Open Outlook
- Next double-click to open the email message in a new window.
- Now select View
- Then Options from the message's menu.
- All the header lines appear under Internet Headers at the bottom of the dialog box.
- To display Email full headers, first open Outlook
- Next double click on the Message, which you want to view full email headers.
- Then click Options in Outlook 2007 and Tags for Outlook 2010/2013.
- And the Message Options dialog box is displayed.
- The internet headers are shown in the Internet headers field at the bottom of the dialog box
- Open Your Webmail (Horde)
- In the Inbox click the email message
- click on the arrow like icon before the subject of the email
- Next click on Other Options then view source.
- a new window will pop-up copy the content and paste it to word or text editor to see all the content.
- For Roundcube in Webmail
- Click message in your Inbox
- Then click More in the upper right corner
- Select Source, a new window will appear showing the full header.
- Log in to Gmail
- Open the Message you want to get or see the full header
- Next click the down arrow next to Reply, at the top-right of the message
- Then select the Show Original
- and the full headers will appear in a new window.
- Open Thunderbird.
- Next double-click to open the email message.
- Then from the menu bar, select View, Headers then choose All.
- And the headers should be immediately displayed
Mac OS X
- Open Mail Application
- Then select any Message you want to see the full header
- Next click on View.
- In the View menu select Message, then All Headers
- Check the full headers at the top of the message.
- To return to default header simply, go to View>Message>Default Headers